Fax: (714) 530-4333
Washington State Courts
U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court of the Western District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2008
University of Washington, B.A., 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member of Veterans of Foreign Wars
Member of the United States Naval Institute
Member, Aviation Section, King County Bar Association (Treasurer, 2014)
Member and Panel Attorney, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Member of Ballard Chamber of Commerce
Member and Moderator, Board of Deacons, Northminster Presbyterian Church
Areas of Practice
As a litigation and trial attorney, David Voyles has represented individuals and businesses across a broad spectrum of disputes in state and federal courts as well as in industry arbitrations administrative hearings. He takes matters from the pre-trial negotiation stage through pre-trial litigation and trial, and at the appellate level.
Mr. Voyles clients include aircraft owners, operators, parts-manufacturers, certificated air carriers, pilots, mechanics and certified entities in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) enforcement proceedings.
Representative Cases and Transaction
– Guides aircraft owners, operators, parts-manufacturers, and certified air carriers in regulatory compliance efforts and in aircraft translations.
– Represents pilots, mechanics, and certified entities in FAA and NTSB enforcement proceedings.
– Assists established and new businesses in their start-up and operating needs from entity selection and creation through financing, corporate operations, transactions, and the sale or winding down of the operation.
– Represents manufacturers in product liability litigation, financial institutions in lender-liability matters, institutional issuers and investors in securities litigation, and individuals and businesses in various commercial disputes.
– Represents a domestic and international client base in aircraft purchases and sales, leasing, financing arrangements, fractional and other co-ownership structures, and in ensuring perfection of interests via the international registry and state registry recordation requirements; pilots and mechanics in administrative proceedings before FAA and NTSB.
– Assists certified carrier charter operators, flight departments, and individual aircraft owners/operators in compliance with FAA, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and state of registry ownership and operating requirements; and in state and federal tax obligations.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
– Speaker, “Perfection of Interests in Aircraft, Engines & Spares,” 40th Annual KCBA Pacific Northwest Aviation Law & Insurance Seminar (September, 2013)
– “A Few Good Questions to Ask When a Customer Seeks Financing for an Aircraft,” WASHINGTON COMMUNITY BANKERS (Aug., 2013)
– Speaker, “Accounting for Flights of Candidates for Political Office,” 39th Annual KCBA Pacific Northwest
Aviation & Insurance Seminar (October, 2012)
– “The U.S./EU Open Skies Agreement Contributing author,” INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS, PRACTITIONER TREATISE SERIES (West, 2011–2012 ed.) (Contributing Author)
– “Broker-Dealer Fiduciary Standard Changes Under Dodd-Frank,” PORTLAND BUSINESS JOURNAL (Aug. 20, 2010)